Thursday, July 5, 2012

Refurbish an old chest


I was up in our attic going through old boxes and totes when I came across this old rundown chest. I've had it for many years, but never realized it's potential. Then I had an idea.





See all these toys causing a scene in my newly decorated living room?  I decided they would be the heart of my new project.



How to refurbish an old chest.


Step 1: Paint or stain the wood.




Step 2: Reupholster the cushion. 

First, you will need to attach your fabric, inside out, to the back edge of your cushion.


Like so:


Then flip the fabric up and over the top of the cushion (right side up).


Like so:


Then wrap your fabric tightly around all three edges and staple in place. 




There you have it! 


Storage for al those unsightly toys.





2 comments: